Saturday, May 26, 2007

Timothy and Tana in Tallahassee

Hello everyone! It's so nice to hear what you're up to over on the beautiful side of the country. (And, of course, Piotr.)

Timothy and I survived our first year of Tallahassee and PhD school and are getting ready to go spend some time in New England. We're going to attend the Juniper Writing Institute and then stay in Boston for the month of July. If anyone is going to be in the area during that time, please give us a call.

As far as poetry progress goes: we don't allow ourselves to take more than one lit. seminar a semester so we can still have time to write. I'm currently working on a disastrous series of poems about a lady who works in a grocery store deli slicing pastrami all day...I'll probably have to dump the project. I have a couple poems coming out in The North American Review this year, but that's about it. Oh, in order to beat the depressing PoBiz nonsense, I've started working for Runaway With Words--a program that runs poetry workshops for "at-risk youths." It's been a really good experience.

If anyone is thinking about applying for PhD programs, T and I would be glad to field any questions. My email is cannonsplinter@gmail.com, or you can just post questions here.

I know this arena won't work for the fictioneers, but maybe we could set up something similar to post poems for comments. Anyone interested?

I think that's all I have to say at this time.

We miss San Diego so very much!!!
Love Tana and Timothy

No comments: